Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Adventure #47: Oh hi, Spring Break

 
Good morning, Friends and Fair Readers!  Welcome to the 'official' day one of Ali P's spring break!  Let's make it an Adventurous Day One, ok?!
 
^^^Oh hey look!
I awoke after sleeping in a bit (c'mon now, you know I don't typically sleep in much!), and layed in bed to READ for a bit!  It really was just 'a bit' because I literally had about ten pages left of the book I'd been reading.  But you know what?!  Good riddance!  I'd been reading that book since JULY!  Luckily the ending was legit enough for me to justify the months of reading, but still, I was ready to move on.  Also, notice my spring break list chillin on my bedside counter, too.  I always need a little something to motivate me, especially when things are so seemingly dull for my 11 days off work.


Breakfast dishes!!!  Boooo!  Nah, those never typically stack up at all, I had just run the dishwasher the night before and decided to save the unloading for after breakfast.  Hey, a girl needs sustainence!
 
OMG LOOK!  Alton Brown's Good Eats show is ON TV!!!  A spring break discovery that I am quite satisfied with knowing about.  Brian and I have developed a slight addiction to Good Eats, and this discovery of the show NOT online and on regularly at 10AM CST (yes, I've realized that it is also on during my Tuesday as well!) is something worth getting excited about!  I may or may not have bragged a bit to Brian about my discovery, since he is all kinds of busy with work and classes and such.  Tehe.
I suppose I should get my butt 'ready' for the day, eh?  I did...eventually.  The cool thing is that I was wearing a new-ish shirt.  New-ish because my program manager, who has moved on to New York City as of this past weekend, gave me a bunch of clothes that FIT, and I'm going to thoroughly enjoy sporting my new additions to my wardrobe.  Exciting stuff for me at least!
I have no idea what the picture is to the right.  It may or may not be a surprise for someone.  No idea.  Moving on...
 Before I could do more 'stuff' during my Adventure Day, I had to eat again.  Hey, I'll tell you this secret:  there's this weird thing about me where I have an internal button.  One never knows when the button will go off, but when it randomly (and frequently) goes off, I get hungry.  It's pretty awesome on days off because it's easy to snag myself some food whenever the button clicks off.  So yeah.  It got to be lunchtime!

 
Ok, I think I'll venture outdoors now.  Like the new jacket?  It's from Jessica, too!  (Loooove new-ish clothes!)
 
Where did I go?!  THE MALL!!!  Haha, Matt and I had gone to this particular mall last Friday to see Oz the Great and Powerful.  I needed to make a separate trip because I needed to use a free underwear coupon for Victoria's Secret (Yes, it was a need.  Ok, ok, maybe not, but free underwear is something one can't let expire!).  And look!  I found a Teavana!  I'd never actually been in a Teavana before, so this was quite th special occasion!  I tried some different teas, ogled the teapots for awhile, and talked with the store clerk about my awesome friends Vannessa, Bearman, and Faye who spoiled me in the fall by giving me a GREAT Teavana gift!  I'm such a lucky girl!
 
 LEGO STORE?!  Yep, this mall was super-awesome.  What mall has a LEGO STORE?!  (Obviously this one, haha).  But yeah, I immediatlely thought of Doty and then followed that up by thinking of Brian because of the lil yoga dude out front.  I didn't care that it took me a good five minutes to snap this picture, it was worth looking like a goob as people passed in front of me.  I needed proof of the awesome-ness!
 


 
Next up:  gotta go to the craft store.  Hey, I have a spring break goal of making my own candle (tons of wax remnants from old candles lying around), so I need myself some wick.  I found a Michael's and got that bought.  But while roaming the endless aisles of pom poms, glue guns, and beads, I got a call!  It was Brian!  He was between classes and gave me a surprise ring.  I was sure to check out nice and quick and headed out to the van to chat it up with the boyfriend.  What a beautiful sunny day it was turning out to be!

 
K so I arrived home and actually took a lovely nap.  Really truly, I DID!  I mean, hey, it's spring break, I've been staying up late (mostly because I can and Brian is a night owl, so I finally am able to spend more time with him in the nighttime without a curfew/bedtime).  But anyway, yeah, I was sleepy, so I napped.  It was just a lil cat nap for 30 minutes, but that snooze was glorious!  Afterward, I decided that I wanted to plant some more herbs.  I enjoy watching my other Little Buddies grow tall and green and leafy, so I need more.  This time:  Dill, Sweet Marjoram, Parsley, and Savory.  The lil seeds need to soak for hours before they can be planted, so I got that done to be ready for their dirt burial the next day.  Like my lil seed-soaking containers?  They used to hold tea!
 
So what next?  Well, I read my book for a bit.  I wasn't super-hungry but very-much antsy (Brian calls it 'cabin fever.'  Weird though because the weather outside was GORGEOUS, and I could have easily spent time in the 65+ degree weather.  Just wasn't feelin it.)  So what did I choose to do?  I decided it was Kitchen Time.
 

What happened during this kitchen venture?  Well, I can guarantee that I definitely dirtied some more dishes.  (I'm pretty good at that.)  I had a spare potato lyin around, so I though, "Hey, I need to be rid of this potato AND some of this cheese chillin in the fridge.  Twice baked potato!  YES."  So it happened.  Curious of my method?  I laid it all out for y'all in my Foodie Files Part II Facebook album.  Enjoy.
 

 
 Did I mention I was antsy?  Twas true.  I needed to get OUT.  So I went for a walk.  Threw on the running shoes (no worries, the Adventure Shoes made their appearance earlier in the day on my first outing).  I scooted off down this path off down the street from my apartment complex.  I found out that it's a far trail and actually opens up out to a softball/baseball complex.  Cool stuff.  There was also a disc golf course.  Yeah, lots of discoveries on Adventure Day.  A super-cool part of my walk was getting to chat with Mom.  It was so uplifting to just chat with someone, especially about stuff so detached from the droning day to day of my reality.  What would the world be like without Mom's to make us feel better?
 
A lot of stuff happened after the walk, but I didn't document it all.  That's ok though, nothing extraordinarily exciting.  I wrote a letter.  Read some of my newly started book (from Allie, Tara, and Kristina!), and watched some HGTV House Hunters.  Good times.  Eventually I jumped online for some internetting.  Spent a good long time chit chatting with Brian.  We had some really good conversation about some pretty deep stuff.  (No worries, I won't go into excrutiating detail, just relationship talk.)
 
 
Guess what though?!  I 'won' a 'game' of sorts.  See, I'm usually always the one on Skype who is like, "Hey, I gotta go to bed, it's late and I'm tired."  But last night, Brian said it.  True, he had work in the morning, but still, it was 1:30AM my time, and 2:30AM his time, and I was uncertain if he would ever give in and actually SAY it!  But he did.  And I'm glad he did because not only was I more than a little tired, but I truly didn't want him tired the next day.  But still.  I 'won' the unofficial 'game.'
 
Doesn't my bed above  look so good and comfy?  So inviting?  Whew, it was an Adventure Day, and this girl was sure to make it in bed by 2AM to get some shut eye.  I did get woken up obnoxiously by some arguing/fighting individuals out in the parking lot making a ruckus and threatening each other, but I rolled over after listening for a bit and decided, "It's Riverside.  It's South By Southwest week.  I really don't care."
 
And then it was good night to me and good night to my Adventure Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment