Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Adventure #27: Not a Day But Worth Sharing All the Same

I have no pictures to post here.  Just a tidbit to say that yes, yesterday was Adventure Day.  I wore the shoes all day.  I intended to distract myself by capturing my day and not thinking about dropping Fish off at the airport that morning.  I failed.  Not necessarily a bad thing--I think I would have been overwhelmed with taking pictures, catching up on work, and being preoccupied with my emotions.  However, trust that the shoes were worn and experienced my down times right there with me.  My friends and co-workers helped to cheer me up.  Fish texted me when he could, left me a voicemail, and Skyped me that night.  But it was hard.  And if you'd like a more uplifting account of my past few days/week, check out my Facebook album.  It is full of photos from my extended weekend here in Austin with Fish.  Maybe it will help you realize why it was so hard dropping him off and parting our ways for quite a few weeks.  Ah well, it'll go by fast, and I do know that we are lucky to be able to communicate as often as we do with the technology available to us.  I'm also lucky to have such an awesome position with nonprofit work at College Forward.  Here I go, head first into the work and passion that I enjoy with college students.  It's why I'm here.  I'm making it worth it.  And I'm meeting inspiring people who confirm that the worth is in more than one area of my experience.
 
Week 27 is done.  Week 28 will be more photo-filled, entertaining, and uplifting.  Until then...

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you were able to visit with Fish. I hope it was very very fun fiiled. From the looks of it, it was. I know it was hard to say goodbye, for now, but you will see him again soon and you are staying so positive. I am so proud of you and I know so many others are. You are doing a great thing! Keep your head up! You will see Fish, and all of us Michiganders sooner than you think! Missing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl, means a lot! And yes, I look forward to seeing my Michiganders!!!

    ReplyDelete