Friday, January 18, 2013

Adventure #39: Putting Things In Perspective


Today.  Oh what a day.  Yes, an Adventure Day.  But every day lately is such an up and then a down.  Sometimes up again, too.  I had a great day at work.  Yep.  Really.  Nothing extravagantly special except for the usual awesomeness from my students.  Oh--and it was Friday.  But...I had to come home to a whole lotta nothin.  Not cool.  I mean, sure, Saturday I have some plans.  But just one night of not-so-much can set me off sometimes.  I'm just not worn out enough for a nothing night.  Ya know?  Ah well. 

I wanted to have a day of perspective.  I tend to take things too extreme too often. 

Example 1:  Grad school:  boom boom boom, me, me, me, plan, plan, plan.  But hold on a minute--this is an Adventure for me AND Brian.  He'll have just graduated--and I should be considering this along with all of my chaos.  He should find an internship, a job, and everything else he wants out of the next two years.  NOT all me, me, me.

Example 2:  I feel really good today about my stomach.  It's given me issues for ages and my darn optimism so often thinks that I've 'kicked it' and am good to go.  But perspective tells me that it's unlikely and today is not 'for good.'  (Although my appreciation for its good behavior is present nonetheless).

And really it goes on and on.  I thought it might be kind of entertaining to give a different look at perspective as I went throughout my day.  Enjoy the pictures!

?
 
 
Pajama design
 
 
?
 
 
Herbs a-growing

 
 
?



PB Banana
 
 
?
 
 
TEA

 
?



Jacket


?



Laptop (at work)


?


Lunch carrots

?


Clothespin Project


?



iTouch


?



TIGHTS
So yes.  How bout putting things in perspective?  Actually thinking about things besides the here and now.  Zoom out a tad.  It helps.  And will continue to help.  And I look forward to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment