Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Adventure #38: A Grey Day

 

And here we are.  An Adventure Day with every intention of documenting my day with creatively taken photos.  I'm not going to say 'whoops' since I wasn't able to completely follow through with that.  Rather, I'd like to actually establish a rule that I seemed to have followed pretty well so far in the existence of the Adventure Blog:
 
Once a day has been officially deemed an 'Adventure Day' by myself, then it must be so, regardless of circumstances or the number of photos taken.
 
With the above taken into account (and having been created, mostly because I'm stubborn and refuse to designate another day as 'Adventure Day' in the same week), I actually DID take a couple photos, though they are only from my first couple hours into my day.  Here's those photos:
 
It was going to be a 'silly' day.  Not sure how I would classify it after all is said and done...
My herb garden!  I love checking the lil buddies as they sprout
little by little!


Peeked outside, and in fact, without the grey filter I used
when editing, the sky was still pretty grey.



I had a two part breakfast, and I had a kind of 'ice cream'
while still at the apartment.  I had a frozen banana and
peanut butter that I ground up in my food processor.  A
healthy and protein-packed start to my morning!


So yeah, that's as far as I got in my efforts to photograph more of my day, since I intended to take more pictures while at CoFo training.  You know why I didn't get that far?  Because I was majorly distracted.  On the way to St. Edward's, where training is this week, I got a flat tire, meaning that myself and the three others in the carpool yesterday were in quite a situation.  Of course it all ended up ok, and after training was done for the day I got my tire patched up ($7 total!  Thanks Nico!).  The thoroughness of this post is irrelevant though.  My day was definitely full of Adventure while struggling through circumstances and while learning/mingling at training.  More than anything, I learned that I have my CoFo family to lean on, and yesterday I became completely grateful for that.
 
May there be less 'grey days' in my future, but since I know that they are inevitable, perhaps there will be less occurring on Adventure Days.  And regardless of when these days take place, I hope more than anything that my support system will continue to be as empowering as it was yesterday.
 
Tis all for now!  Enjoy your Grey Days and make each worthy of the Adventure that they truly are. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment