Saturday, September 15, 2012

Adventure #21: Living Life Backwards

Today's post will be described from the end to the beginning. Because...well, why not spice things up a bit?!
So yeah, last night before bed I of course Skyped Fish (What else is new? Haha, definitely a highlight of every day.) Before that lovely Skype session, it had been CoFo Kickball night! It was pretty fun! Aeryn, Chuey, and I were the whole cheer team for the first game, and we had some others cheering with us for the second (didn't stay the whole second game though). You may be wondering about the odd picture to the left... Some guy on another team had a cape on. It was...odd. And it definitely inhibited his kickball skills. Definite distraction for the other team...but that's about it.
Go green CoFo team! We have two teams: Green and 'Ice Blue.'
Green played first last night. Lost by only one point!
By the way, I'm pretty proud of my action shot above.

Chuey and I were great spectators--AND cheerleaders!


But before any fun kickball times were to be had, I had eaten some dinner. Sustainence is important after a long day at the office! (Like the snapshot that ya see to the left? Check out my 'Foodie Files' photo album that I recently created on Facebook--I basically needed an outlet for my recent obsession with food photography. I can promise one thing: the baking/cooking obsession definitely won't be changing any time soon!)

Oh but hey--I carpooled from home to work and work to home on Wednesday. Yup, and this week was Luigi's turn to drive. He has a fancy mustang. It was good times chillin in a fancy car instead of my ever-so-classy van. A nice change.


Wanna see my project for the day that I am oh-so-proud of?  (No worries, I most definitely didn't spend the entire day creating the pic above, but it sadly took longer than intended).  I was pretty proud of my accomplishment though and am happy to say that it is successfully the profile picture for a Facebook event hosted by myself and the other Texas State College Completion Coaches.  Woo!

Let's see...other projects at work that day...
I found out that my phone clock was a whole hour off!  And...I get all/most of the office phone clocks have been that way...for who knows how long.  Haha, I'm not the most observant...

At lunch time I had...lunch (shocking, I know). My yummy sandwich is to the left. Pretty sure it was red pepper hummus, mozzerella cheese, black olives, and spinach. But the best part of that sandwich was the fact that I got to eat the butt of the loaf of bread! I seriously look forward to the end pieces so much it's ridiculous.




 
But anyway, a bit curious as to what the arbitrary times to the right are/what
they have to do with anything? They are my self-assigned break times.  By 'break,' I mean times that I force myself to leave my desk for some reason or another. And this doesn't include my lunch break. I've found out that breaking up my day like this helps make me feel more productive and less burnt out. (And that was kind of a pun. I love it.)

 

The morning time brought about plenty of productivity in the form of typical student contacts, database maneuvering, etc.  And I was completing my tasks in style, wearing my 'Classy CoFo Trivia' badge sporting our hard-earned fifth placing from the night before.  I enjoy trivia nights with awesome CoFo people and I also enjoy doing silly things like making badges for the team to wear the next day.  All in good fun, of course.  (But hey, last week we were 10th place...a definite improvement!)
Backtracking to one of my first tasks of my Wednesday, I sat on hold on my phone for quite awhile.  Just for fun.  No, actually it was because I wanted to regain my Food Stamps, since mine were canceled right after they were given to me.  (Long story).  In short, I had a 9AM phone interview that didn't happen until 9:20AM.  And since I'm impatient, I called the Texas Health and Human Services Hotline.  The good thing?  They called me while I was on hold to end my misery.  And that is the end of that because I regained Food Stamps.  The waiting game was worth it (I guess).
And that literally was the start of my work day.  Which brings me back to the morning carpool.  I have no idea why, but I decided that Aeryn and I should be mad.  ("Mad faces" to the right.)  But the pic to the left was the first one taken where Aeryn didn't get the memo and looks adorable.  I couldn't help but put that pic, too.
 
 And with Aeryn and I being goofs in the back seat, the lovely co-pilot Kathryn and driver Luigi were jamming out in the front.  Watch out, Team Riverside carpool was in full action.
Random picture to the left but I am obsessed with candles in the apartment.  Mom sent me the fall-scented one here on the coffee table...but I have at least three other scented candles scattered throughout our little apartment.  Ah well, makes for a good-smelling place--and reminds me of home!

Breakfast is a must before each work day, and I treated myself  to a smoothie (as I do every other day).  Today's smoothie was a Mexican Chocolate Smoothie (which pretty much means that the recipe calls for cocoa powder and cinnamon.  Delicious as always.  (I tried to get crafty with the before and after pics.)


We are almost back to the beginning of my Adventure Day...basically I got all un-sleepy and got mentally and physically prepped for the day ahead.  See the beautiful bracelet I wore below?  It was a gift when I was in first or second grade from my Grammie Yaw.  She's passed since then, but I still wear the bracelet on occasion.  It has an inscription on the inside, and I'd really like to get it re-plated one day, since the gold has worn away quite a bit.
 
More getting ready stuff!  I just wanted to show off my new lotion from Adam, Vannessa, and Faye.  They sent me such a great housewarming care package all the way from Michigan, and the lotion is coconut, so it's perfect for me to wear all the time.  (Coconut is the best.  Don't even question me about it.)







And we're to the very beginning of my day!  Why is there this awkward picture of my pants/feet?  Well, it's because I wore my new pair of khakis for the first time.  And I thought they fit me well and looked pretty good AND were comfy.  So I wore them.  For the record, I have still not worn jeans to the CoFo office yet.  I'm so not a fan of jeans...but it'll probably happen eventually.

The delay in this post is unfortunate.  But believe me when I say it was out of my hands--and better late than never!  Future Adventure Days will be here soon, and I will more than make up for it.

2 comments: