Sunday, July 15, 2012

Adventure #12: Wait...Adventure #12?!

WHAT.  It's been TWELVE weeks since graduation week?!  I can't handle this--when did I become a legit alum?  (For some reason I feel like 12 weeks post-grad means I'm 'legit.'  Don't ask what qualifies this.)

But yeah, I had another day of Adventure yesterday.  And remember, 'Adventure' is a very relative term when I use it.  So ready yourself for a Saturday of regularity to most and extraordinary to me.  Average to some but exceptional to me.  Documented.  Captured.  Fully enjoyed and lived to its fullest.  Ready yourself.  And read on.

So. I woke up. I realized it was SATURDAY. Nothing that HAD to be done (except maybe ensuring that I get food at the grocery store with Dad at some point. And that was pretty much it. Exciting stuff!

To the right you see a pile of clothes.  Let me remind you that I got back to NoDak last Monday and started work Tuesday.  Thursday was my final day of work for the week...so I had quite a bit of post-vacation dirty launry to get washed/dried on Friday.  That left yesterday to fold it all and put it away.  It became a morning task and then later that day it became an afternoon task, too (it was A LOT of laundry, ok?)

I did typical Saturday morning things--none TOO exciting--such as breakfast, stretching, internet time.  But then, the parents and Jonah came home with a KITTEN.  Krumski (family cat mentioned in other posts) has been missing since I returned from Michigan this past week (I promise I didn't have anything to do with it).  So below is how my parents decided to handle Krum's absence:


Tony is Kitten's name.  I like to call him Prince.  He really is a little Prince.  (Spoiled rotten already.)  He's really funny-looking, too.  His ears are WAY too big.  And so are his paws.  And his tail is so awkward.  But he's actually pretty tolerable for a cat.  I think it's the idea of a kitten being fresh and completely malleable to condition however you choose.  And maybe before I leave for Texas, I can convince Prince Tony that he is a dog.


Tony was not very photogenic as my Duncan is.  He thinks the camera string is a GREAT toy.  Slightly obnoxious but that's ok.  Prince Tony makes me laugh quite often.
 Eventually I got ready for my day and ate some lunch.  Also, in case I forget to fill in the many gaps of my day in which this took place, I have a super-secret project for Fish that I've been working on.  So if my day feels empty and uneventful, just imagine me getting wrapped up in a super-secret project at various times.

And then...it was time for GROCERIES!  I may or may not have expressed my odd love for grocery shopping previously, but just in case I haven't--I really truly do love to go grocery shopping!  And this specific trip didn't even require me to get a lot of food for myself.  I got lots of things that I treated myself to:  Nutella, cold brew tea (I am overstocked on tea at the moment), Sprunch spray, bubble bath, sun-dried tomatoes.  Ah well, only a few more weeks at home, so I might as well get yummy things to enjoy before grocery shopping is all on me.



Picture right:  ICE CREAM!!!  (Tummy troubles lately made me resist a cold, sweet purchase, though.  Fun to look at though.)

 Picture left:  End result of family grocery shopping with dad.  Are you impressed?  You shouldn't be.  This is pretty typical with all five of us at home these days.  And we go every Saturday.  Believe it or not, most of that cart is full of dog food, toilet paper, and sodas.  Oh--and milk.  (We go through lots of milk).  Years and years ago the fam used to go grocery shopping all together and only go monthly.  That meant up to three carts full of food.  It was pretty epic (but took FOREVER.  Those were NOT the days that I enjoyed grocery shopping, especially the hauling-groceries-inside and putting-groceries-away part).

In my room on a lovely semi-lazy Saturday:
Folding laundry and jamming out to my tunes on Spotify.
THEN:  I vegged out and worked more on the super-secret project until I got hungry.  I heard the fam was getting fried chicken for dinner, but it's not my favorite.  So I made 'harvest tomato soup.'  It was a quirky Campbell's soup find.  Pretty yummy as a dinner for me.  (I added frozen corn to it, too.)

Post Dinner:  I had a DATE planned!  Fish and I planned to watch a movie, and it was actually a movie we'd both been planning to see together anyway.  I had seen that the Muppets was available via Redbox, and I had a free Redbox code--so we made it happen.


My review:  The Muppets was funny!  I don't know if it was merely the nostalgia of a childhood show that I'm able to relive as an adult or if it was just that Fish enjoyed it so much, which made me enjoy it too, but it was definitely a good time and worth the rental/watch.  (I really had  nothing to lose either way because it was a free rental--but still!)  Favorite parts:  'Travel by map,' the teeth-brushing scene, and any time there were singing/dancing chickens (especially their rendition of 'Forget You').

Oh, but guess who as also present during movie date?  Yes, lil Prince was all kinds of everywhere in my room at the time.  Initially, the intent was to have Fish meet the lil guy.  But then Prince got all kinds of energy and gusto--meaning that he ran around my room, trying to eat my four-leaf-clover, knocking stuff on the ground, pulling out my sandals, getting tangled in cords, and spilling kitty litter on my bed.  Lovely.  But pretty entertaining.  Especially when he thought my headphones were fun to play with while I was using them.  And when he thought the best place to sit was right in front of the webcam.  Haha.
 *Notice how little Prince Tony is in the pic above!  My hand is about the same size!*


 After the movie, I just chatted with Fish for awhile longer about his fun-times traveling with his family.  In a few weeks, I'll be the one traveling, except it'll be just me and Doty heading south for Texas.  Crazy how time is passing so quickly, summer is escaping, and the next phase in my Post-Grad Life is approaching.   I keep thinking of ways to better prep myself, but I'm probably still too far away for its actuality to get much accomplished.  Either that or I'm simply too busy and wrapped up in my current life to put much time and energy into it.

Regardless, my blog will continue to provide updates on this crazy life that I lead these days.  May each Adventure Day be as full as the last 12!




2 comments:

  1. This is the first time I have seen Prince Tony! He is pretty cute! The Muppets, eh? You thought it was good? I will have to try and watch that! Also, you say not to be impressed with the cart of food, but it is still VERY impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Muppets is a movie I approve of, courtesy of Fish. And you should've seen the grocery cart shopping with my fam when we were kids--we've had up to THREE carts before!

    ReplyDelete