Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Adventure #8: Ready-Prep-Camp!

Happy Tuesday, Lovely Blog Followers!  I don't know how on Earth it is only Tuesday (11.75 hour work day today), but I'm totally ok with it, since this week has been pretty awesome so far.  So yesterday...I decided to do something a little different for my Adventure Day (although it didn't quite pan out as intended).  I took mirror pics of myself at different points throughout the day.  No, I'm not conceited, I just came to a realization that my blog has a lot of pics of randomness and not-so-much of myself--so enjoy a lil bit of me, I guess!

Soooo...5:45 a.m. wake-up yesterday so that I'd be ready enough for work today.  The pics above are 'morning pics' a.k.a. Ali-hasn't-yet-showered-dressed-etc.  (Haha, I have no shame in putting these up.)  Anyway, I caught up on a DVR'd episode of Next Food Network Star (Go #TeamAlton!) and ate a deliciously random breakfast that included watermelon (Yes, I tackled the cutting-up of the watermelon myself.  I am a master at chopping fruits and veggies!)


I took full advantage of actually not having work on a Monday, and I stretched in my room for a good long while to some music.  Nothing relaxes me quite like stretching in the morning (or really any time), and I've been able to stretch the past few days consecutively, so this should tide me over until camp chaos is through for this week.  THEN I got to have play-time with NEW COMPUTER.  (Approval?  It's name is Classy-PC.  It's sleek and black and shiny and classy.  It does have fingerprints on it though.  It's part of its class.)

OH!  And after play-time with Classy-PC, (more like abruptly in the middle of play-time), I got to wake up Fish!  'Waking up Fish' means I called his phone until he answered and then proceeded to give an obnoxiously cheerful 'good morning' to him in hopes of successfully getting him up.  I'd say it was very successful, considering the call was extremely choppy and Skype had to happen to have any kind of a conversation.  (Haha, THAT got him out of bed and all the way to a laptop!)

So time passes, Skype chat happens, and I realized that I actually had stuff to do.  (I also realized that a day off work meant that I should thoroughly enjoy a bubble bath.  So I did.) 

 Left pic is me half-ready.  Not quite to the make-up/hair/jewelry stage of getting-ready.

Right pic is me 'ready.'  (I feel like this is one of those games where you circle the differences between the two pictures.  Haha.)




I was STARVING after finally getting dressed for the day.  Duncan was hungry for something, too (or maybe he just licks his lips in the pic above.  I don't know.  But he's my favorite camera victim, so I don't care either). 

And to the left, Duncan lays next to our evil cat ON MY BED.  That #@%$ cat thinks he owns the place.  He doesn't.  I tell him all the time.  Duncan should stop being friends with that cat.


Back to me, a STARVING Ali.  I wanted food.  I had started making food before my bubble bath.  Food was ready to eat not long after bubble bath.  Food:
This Food is a sweet potato.
 
It got baked for awhile. 
Then it got some of its insides scooped out. 
Then it got a yummy egg-sour cream-chives-pepper mixtured added with a lil shredded cheese on top. 
Then it got baked more. 
Then it got cheesed again. 
THEN IT GOT EATEN. 
YUM.

Yeah, I had lunch.  After lunch, I readied myself for a Thumbs Up camp shopping trip with my co-leader, Rebecca.  We met up at Walmart, got a few camp necessities, and then went crazy in the craft/toy department for prizes for the camp's 'Store.'  Yup, our campers are lucky for two reasons:

1)  They get rated each day and get the opportunity to earn points based on their behavior/lack of problem behaviors.

2)  They have awesome co-leaders like Rebecca and myself who genuinely care about what they want/would enjoy playing with.  (Best job ever?!  Pretty much.)

So we spent quite awhile looking for football toys, legos, mermaids, pigs, activity books, goats, monster trucks, and so much more.  Fun?  Yes.  Tiring?  Yes.

Shopping damage done to the left.  Our campers deserve the best, so we went crazy and bought them the best stuff we could find.  (And Adventure Shoes have made their appearance in the blog!  Ha!)

I return from Epic Shopping Trip--and the brother Jonah wants to walk the dogs.  It's a good thing I like him.  And the dogs.  Because I was tired.  But after I got back from the dog-walking venture, I took a pic...
It's ok, I obviously survived the walk, it was just a bit windy and a bit exhausting.  Eventually I ate dinner with Dad, Mom, and Jonah.  (Shrimp night because the other brother was MIA.  He doesn't like shrimp).

THEN I got to relax. 

Computer time.

Snack time.

Skype time.

BED TIME.
Good night, Blog Followers.  I'm about to go to bed for tonight soon, too.  Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment