Thursday, May 3, 2012

Adventure #2: The Technology Curse of the Adventure Shoes?!

I am not superstitious.  In fact, I'm almost anti-superstition.  From 'Unknown Entities' to good luck charms, I ignore, avoid, and discount most related tokens of belief.  However...some strange coincidence has me stumbling on bad luck of sorts whenever I wear the esteemed Adventure Shoes.  Too soon to make any claims at this point--but read on for the details of the day.

Woke up in the morning--to find a well-organized room after much disorganization the prior days.  (Give me a break, I just moved ALL of my stuff from Kalamazoo, MI to Dickinson, ND.  One giant mess is practically expected from a recent post-grad returned home.  Yet I'm still the same ol' me; three days after being back and everything is where it needs to be.)


T-shirts...t-shirts...and MORE t-shirts!
Mostly folded though, so be impressed!
And what is to be noticed when rotating oneself around my newly re-inhabited room?  The following pile of impressive free t-shirts, acquired from much uninvolvement involvement throughout college.

Yes, there are two piles on my dresser.  Yes, I wear t-shirts infrequently.  And no, I don't plan on getting rid of them.  Future project:  ALi's Very Own T-shirt Quilt.  Now...to learn how to sew a quilt...

Moving on with my Yesterday of Adventure, I readied myself for a much-anticipated lunch outing with my best Dickinson girl friend Dinah aka D-Dawg.  Much anticipated because I hadn't yet seen her since being back in NoDak (three whole days went by without a reunion of any kind!)  So by the time she showed up to save me from my day stranded at home, I was pretty excited to see her, chat, and devour some food (the time change has affected my hunger so that meal time feels like ALL the time!)

Guess where we went to lunch?!  I couldn't believe it myself when I was informed that it existed in Dickinson, so having you guess is probably a bad idea...  Picture below to aid your struggles: 
Picture look a little odd?  The shoes needed to be in the picture...and I'm not as flexible as I was hoping, so a lil editing was done to prove the Adventure Shoes' existence during lunch.  Chicken Crave Pita to the left.  Falafel salad to the right.  Adventure Shoes awesomeness at bottom left.
But yes, as shown above, D-town got a Pita Pit, and while I somehow felt like it was slightly more expensive than in Kzoo, it was nice to have a lil touch of Michigan back here in NoDak.  D-Dawg had never had Pita Pit before, so I gladly agreed on it earlier in the week (Did I mention that I suggested it in the first place?). 
That's D-Dawg with me.  ^^^
She calls me Ali Mae.  I don't know why we have those nicknames for each other.  We just do.

So we talked.  And talked.  And talked more.  And then--she had to go to class.  (Downside of being a post-grad?  Best friend isn't for another two years.)

Return home.  Ready for some more quality computer time.  And...computer won't start.  Fast forward 1.5 hours of computer repair attempts...computer STILL won't start.  Technology Curse of the Adventure Shoes?  I'm thinking this may be a possibility.  Phone falls down elevator shaft on the last Adventure Day.  Computer refuses to start on Adventure Day Two.  Not cool.

Hopefully today computer will be fixed at the computer shop I plan to visit this afternoon.  (Fingers crossed, Readers!)

I'll skim over the end of the Adventure Day because it had quite a bit of Unhappy ALi.  Independence was calling, lack of transportation/entertainment/immediate socialization was realized, and pure crankyness ensued.  After a bit of half-dozing and an extended Skype chat with the awesome Brian Church, spirits were replenished and I was satisfied with finally getting some sleep.  And THAT was the end of Adventure Day Two.  May many more Days be shared with the masses.


~ALi

2 comments:

  1. I was just going to say, make a T-shirt quilt! :-) Hope you're enjoying post graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you approve of the idea! I'm looking for a sewer around here who could give me some t-shirt quilting assistance, but that will hopefully be a future project. :)

    ReplyDelete